Thursday, March 23, 2017

My son demonstrates his enthusiasm for A Family of Faith!


One of the great perks of having this blog is the opportunity to preview new Catholic books and programs. I don't end up endorsing them all, but this catechetical series for children from the wonderful Sophia Press (and endorsed by Scott Hahn and Patrick Madrid) is so worthy.

I am passionate about good catechesis (that's an understatement), which has been so lacking in recent decades in America. We have lost possibly two generations now, due to poor catechesis.

I think that's inexcusable.

So when I see a beautiful and thorough program like A Family of Faith, I want to shout it from the rooftops! This program is designed for both parish and family use, so it covers everyone. It even catechizes the parents themselves, the very same parents who are using the books to teach their children.

We have to do this, friends. We have to do better, and this is a means to that end.

What is interesting about this series is how quickly my own son Matthew was drawn to the books, and how enthusiastic he was about diving in! I was honestly surprised and thrilled to see that, so I grabbed my phone and took a spontaneous video, which I now I share with you:




Matthew was actually really excited that I was going to post this on the blog. :)

Anyway, the series includes an activity book, a parent's guide (home setting), and a leader's guide (parish setting).




And how cool is this? You can schedule a "tour" of the series to see if you love it. 

The books are high quality, glossy, beautiful--not schlocky or amateurish--and I was highly, highly impressed. Obviously, so was Matthew. 

Please spread the word. We have to turn things around for future generations, and that begins by teaching them the Faith well. 





3 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I will put it on the Easter gift list for my goddaughter and her parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Mathew's enthusiasm really sold me! I can see him being a TV host or something in the future ;)

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE, when commenting, do not hit "reply" (which is the thread option). Instead, please put your comment at the bottom of the others.

To ensure that you don't miss any comments, click the "subscribe by email" link, above. If you do not subscribe and a post exceeds 200 comments, you must hit "load more" to get to the rest.